BALTHAZAR UNIVERSITY |
There are a wide range of disciplines studied by Graduates living and working in Grenada. You may well be one of these people. Most such graduated studied in other countries.
Balthazar University is going to educate the replacements for these graduates and many others whose presence is missing in Grenada.
Grenada has a serious EMPLOYER SHORTAGE. The effect of this is a shortage of work represented by an extremely high unemployment rate.
Balthazar University will address this need, educating bright young people - future employers, business leaders - even politicians !
This will be achieved by University Education within the degree structures detailed in herein to produce people well qualified in
An important objective is the provision of University Education resulting in graduates with skills applicable in the work-place. Students also need to know how the business-world works and the right and responsibilities of employers and employees.
- Agriculture and Horticulture
- Business Mathematics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Physics
- Laboratory work
- Marine Biology
- Software Engineering
As adjuncts to their principal degree courses students will also be required to take minor courses covering
- Communication and Business Etiquette
- Business Management
- Law relevant to their future as potential employers
- The use of Computer Systems in their future fields of endeavour
The Degrees to be awarded at the Undergraduate level will be in
each of which will have a number of sub-specialties.
The following degrees will be conferred upon suitable candidates
The degree will be awarded in relation to the subject studied to the highest level.
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science with Honours
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Architecture with Honours
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce with Honours
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science with Honours
- Bachelor of Science (Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Economics)
- Bachelor of Science with Honours (Physics)
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science (Farm Management)
To commence study for a Bachelor's degree candidates must satisfy the following prerequiste regulations of the University.
- Entry in any of the courses is passes in 3 A levels, not necessarily in the same subject.
- Students over the age of 21 may enter first year courses without any prior qualification but will not be elegible for financial assistance.
- The prequisite to entry in a course is a pass in the immediately prior level of the course or a closely related course where there is no lower level.
The University awards Bachelors degrees for successful studies based on 3 and 4 year programs.
3 year Bachelor of Science - 9 units are required to be passed
4 year Bachelor of Science - 10 units are required to be passed
Note: A unit is 40 credits
Year 1 Subjects
Year 2 Subjects
- Biology I
- Chemistry I
- Computer Science I
- Mathematics I
- Physics I
- Animal Science I
- Accounting I
- Banking I
- Biochemistry I
- Chemistry II
- Computer Science II
- Economics I
- Mathematics II
- Physics II
- Plant Science I
- Electronics I
Year 3 Subjects
- Animal Science II
- Accounting II
- Banking II
- Biochemistry II
- Chemistry III
- Computer Science III
- Economics II
- Electricity Generation
- Mathematics III
- Physics III
- Plant Science II
- Industrial Chemistry
- Architecture I
Year 4 Subjects
- Accounting III
- Agricultural Technology
- Architecture II
- Biochemistry Honours Course
- Chemistry Honours Course
- Computer Science Honours Course
- Computer Technology
- Economics III
- Farm Management
- Mathematics Honours Course
- Physics Honours Course